Thursday, March 8, 2007

Welcome to the blog

Welcome!

This is the first of many installments for my blog, documenting my New Communications and Technology class for university.

Earlier today I entered my second lecture with much anticipation. On the agenda today was brief rundown of communications study and theories. The content of the lecture spanned from the beliefs held by the USA on the subject of media influence from the 1920's - 1980's.

Theories such as Maximum Effect (the theory that media assumes a huge level of control over the general public) and the importance of quantitative and qaulitative analysis in determining the actual level of influence held by the media, were discussed at some length.

Approximatly half way through the lecture, a french film was shown. the film was of the genre, "New Wave" and was a stark contrast to the film making methods of many major motion picture moguls.

Personally I enjoyed the film, as it was dark and in its own way disturbing. The themes it dealt with, such as time travel, human experiments and tragic love were intrigueing to say the least!

This was my first blog entry for my class, and I thoroughly enjoyed writing it. I also maintain a myspace (yes, the dreaded myspace) blog that has itself enjoyed a great deal of success and a large reader base.

I look forward to further lectures and challeneges that I will no doubt face throughout the semester!

- Sam

2 comments:

jamie said...

hey :) sam2 enjoying the tute :)

Luke Hand said...
This comment has been removed by the author.